Launched in 2007, this conference is the leading international meeting covering all aspects of cilia and cilia-related diseases, providing the premier forum to share the newest research. The program will cover the ﬁeld from basic research in model organisms to the development of treatments for human ciliopathies.
The growing interest in cilia within their function of signaling, metabolism, regeneration, and metabolism has been the motivating force behind ongoing discoveries as drivers for many diseases. The interest has recently expanded beyond rare diseases like ciliopathies and now encompasses cancer, diabetes, and neurodegeneration, as well as applications towards regenerative medicine.
The conference will bring a wide array of professionals together, including experienced investigators and early-career researchers including cell, molecular, structural, and developmental biologists, geneticists, biochemists, biophysicists, and other physician-scientists who use a broad range of models and methods to study cilia and cilia-related disease on May 12, 2024 - May 16, 2024 in St Paul, Minnesota.
Goals and Takeaways
· The basic biology of cilia, including its structure, composition, and motility.
· The mechanism of cilia signaling and its role during development and homeostasis.
· The etiology of cilia-related disease and the development of treatments.
· Cilia in development
· Cilia and kidney disease
· Imaging of motile cilia
· Cilia signaling
· Models for cilia disease
· Cilia and metabolic disease
· Centrioles as cilia organizers
· Ciliopathies and human genetics
· Cilia structure and assembly
· Biotech and ciliopathies
Please visit the link to learn more about the conference: Home - Biology of Cilia and Flagella (cvent.com)